MCBA LEGAL WEBINAR
The Landlord Tenant Relationship Act,
commonly known as the Security Deposit Act (MCL 554.601)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? Attorneys who do not regularly practice in this legal area.
Please join Elizabeth L. Martin for this interactive webinar for MCBA members only, focusing on issues and answers regarding the Landlord Tenant Relationship Act.
As an example: Have you received a telephone call from a client, from your daughter in college or from a nephew in his first apartment with a question about the application of or the return of a security deposit?
Anticipated topics include:
- When does the Security Deposit Act apply
- Special Cancellation Rights (senior citizen housing, individuals incapable of living independently, domestic violence situations)
- Limitation on the amount of the security deposit
- Security Deposit Notice of Deposit
- Security Deposit as property of the tenant
- Waiver of the Act being prohibited
- Permissible Users
- Inventory Checklists
- Itemized list of damages
- Notice of Forwarding Address by tenant
- Landlord response to notice of damages
- Action for damages: 45 day cases or waiver
- Preventing claims for double damages, conversion or Michigan Consumer Protection claims
This webinar is exclusively available to MCBA member firms only and their legal staff. Registration fees are a per firm price.